The Board of Commissioners approved the FY 2022-23 annual budget during the June 21, 2022 commission meeting. The new budget begins July 1, 2022 and totals $68.3 million dollars. Some of the major projects and expenses include:
- Construction of a new $3,000,000 EMS/VFD facility in the Northwest Harris Business Park.
- Preparation of a five-year road and bridge master plan and a five-year parks and recreation master plan to guide future growth.
- Construction of a new Public Works facility using SPLOST funds.
- Installation of new playgrounds at Moultrie Park and the Community Center.
- Continue to develop Ellerslie Park.
- Continue the Man O’ War Railroad Recreation Trail from Hamilton to Mulberry Creek using TSPLOST funds.
- Construction of a new fire training facility behind the Hamilton VFD.
- Improvements to the Northwest Harris Business Park.
- Improvements to the county’s airport including new runway lighting, taxiway paving, and AWOS system.
- Construction of a new Solid Waste Facility at the Transfer Station.
- Construction of a new Water Works Administrative Office on Grant Road.
- Extension of water lines on Hadley Road.
- Upgrade of water lines on U.S. 27.
- Renovations to the historic courthouse.
- Increasing the hotel/motel tax from 5% to 8%.
- Completion of the Impact Fee feasibility study.
For more details about the approved budget, click on the FY 2022-23 approved budget link below. For summary details about the major projects contained in the approved budget, click on the FY 2022-23 Program of Work link below.