The Board of County Commissioners approved repairing five county bridges during their September 15, 2020 commission meeting. Those five bridges were:
- Oak Mountain Road over Sparks Creek
- Whitesville Road over Standing Boy Creek
- Middlebrooks Road over Little Mountain Creek
- Barnes Mill Road over Palmetto Creek
- Jordan Road over Mulberry Creek
Lewallen Construction of Marietta, Georgia was the lowest bidder at $846,178.44. Funding for these bridge repairs will come from county SPLOST-2014 and TSPLOST funds. The contractor will begin with Jordan Road and Middlebrooks Road beginning in early November and be completed with all of the projects by June 30, 2021. For more information about these bridge repairs, contact the Public Works Dept. at 706-628-5850.