The county is preparing to resurface six county roads during September including:
• 6.9 miles of Lick Skillet Road from SR 219 to SR 103
• 1.9 miles of Hunter Road from Fortson Road to SR 315
• 2.2 miles of Terry Lane/Krogland Road from Old River Road to the dead-end
• 1.1 miles of Vorhees Road from SR 208 to the dead-end
• 0.5 miles of Madison Way from SR 85 to the dead-end.
• 0.16 miles of Mt. Airy Road
Robinson Paving was the low bidder at $1,653,185.05 for all six roads. These six roads will be resurfaced using $1,224,109.36 in state Local Maintenance Improvement Grant (LMIG) funds and $429,075.69 in county SPLOST 2009 funds. These road projects will be started during September and be completed by October. For more information, call the Public Works Department at 706-628-5850.