The Board of County Commissioners approved a proposal from Wood during February 2021 to prepare an impact fee study to determine the feasibility of implementing impact fees on Harris County home builders.
The impact fee study will take about one year to complete, cost $91,500, and focus on Parks and Recreation needs and Public Safety (Fire, EMS, 911, Sheriff’s Office, and Jail) needs.
The Board selected an impact fee advisory committee, as required by the state impact fee law, consisting of ten members during their March 2, 2021 commission meeting. Those ten members were:
- Morgan Marlowe
- Lisa Scully
- Patty Wallace
- Edgar Hughston
- Taylor Griffin
- Ricky Turnage
- Jack McClung
- Mike Fuson
- Lee Starling
- Meghan Guenther
The impact fee advisory committee meet on March 25, 2021 to begin the impact fee process.
The state required impact fee public hearing was held on May 18, 2021 to kick off the impact fee study.
- May 18, 2021 Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- Harris County Georgia – Official Youtube: May 18, 2021 Commissioners Meeting
A state-required methodology report was prepared and the impact fee advisory committee reviewed that report on September 14, 2021
The Board of Commissioners reviewed the methodology report on October 5, 2021 and accepted it
- October 5, 2021 Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- Harris County Georgia – Official Youtube: October 5, 2021 Commissioners Meeting
Based on the methodology report, a capital improvement element (CIE) was prepared and approved by the Board of Commissioners during their January 4, 2022 commission meeting.
- January 4, 2022 Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- Harris County Georgia – Official Youtube: January 4, 2022 Commissioners Meeting
The Board of Commissioners held a retreat on February 24, 2022 and discussed the Impact Fee ordinance (see briefing).
The impact fee advisory committee met on March 25, 2022 to discuss the impact fee ordinance, proposed fee schedules, exemption policies, among other items.
- Memo dated April 8, 2022 and the March 25, 2022 advisory committee meeting minutes.
The Board of Commissioners will be discussing the impact fee process and ordinance during their April 19, 2022 commission meeting beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the courthouse.
- Methodology Report (pdf)
- Capital Improvement Element (pdf)
- Impact Fee Schedule (pdf)
- Proposed Impact Fee Ordinance (pdf)
For more information about the Georgia Impact Fee law, Click this link
or call the Community Development Department at 706-628-4700.